From:
"Kevin D. Hoover" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 23:11:56 -0500
The answer can be read directly from the preliminary pages (two pages
after the title page) of volume fourth (sic) of the supplement.  That
volume is available on Google books

 (http://books.google.com/books?id=nWEIAAAAQAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=intitle:Encyclop%C3%A6dia+intitle:Britannica&hl=en&ei=_ko-TcqgLIKC8gaC87jOCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false)

FF is James Mill.  The system of indicating the authors is not initials
(in contrast to the fourteenth edition c. 1930 that I have at home) but
rather simply to list them and mark them A, B, C, moving to double
letters (AA, BB ... FF ...) and triple letters (AAA ...) as needed.

Kevin Hoover

--
KEVIN D. HOOVER
Professor of Economics and Philosophy