From:
Matias Vernengo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2011 09:33:32 -0600
It may be true that cathedrals were not built on the basis of scientific knowledge of physics, and that practical engineering was central.  But it is still true that the general science could and was developed.  Arrow-Debreu GE is not the one for economics, which you seem to accept as the blueprint. Or are you just saying that no general theory (no blueprint) is ever possible, and we have only case studies?

Matías Vernengo
Associate Professor
University of Utah
260 Central Campus Drive, Room 371