From:
"Rosser, John Barkley - rosserjb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2011 18:42:29 +0000
I agree with Kevin Hoover that there is probably a tail of highly influential papers in edited volumes, part of the reason that I said Ric Holt's comments were well taken, particularly on that point.  In my own case, some of my own favorite papers are ones that are chapters in edited volumes, even though they have not been cited as much as I might like.  As it is, while I have had a number of such papers cited some, none have been cited more than my h-index.  But there is often a freedom to expand on points that would not get into any journals and that are of interest to at least some readers.