From:
Bruce Caldwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:35:55 -0400
I suspect it will doubtless surprise few people on this list that Leslie
Stephen's remark about Mill's Fourth Proposition was frequently
mentioned approvingly by Hayek.
On another topic, this is just an additional example of the intricacies
of the Hayek-Mill relationship!
Bruce

--
Bruce Caldwell
Research Professor of Economics

"To discover a reference has often taken hours of labour, to fail to discover one has often taken days." Edwin Cannan, on editing  Smith's Wealth of Nations

Address:

Department of Economics
Duke University
Box 90097 / 213 Social Sciences