From:
Gary Hawke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:08:51 +0000
I am surprised that nobody has mentioned Hicks’s suggestion of plutocracy and catallactics as an alternative dichotomy. Like macro and micro it is a teaching tool rather than an analytical instrument, but it has some advantages for economic historians and historians of economic thought. The Hicks references are his paper in S. Latsis (ed) Method and Appraisal in Economics (CUP 1976) and hi paper in Oxford Economic Papers NS 27 (1975).

Gary Hawke

Emeritus Professor Gary Hawke
7 Voltaire St.,
Karori,
Wellington 6012,
New Zealand.
Phone + 64 (0)4 476 9109  + 64 (0)27 563 5794
http://eastasiaforum.org/author/garyhawke/