From:
Anthony Waterman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2014 14:35:08 -0500
I doubt it. Hume wrote essays but no 'treatise' on political oeconomy --
only one on 'Human Nature' (1738). The only mid-18th C Anglophone
authors to write systematic treatises on political oeconomy were Steuart
(1767) and Smith (1776).

Owen wrote nothing about economics, and nothing before the second decade
of the 19th C.