From:
Richard Sutch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 12:04:03 -0700
I recall with the help of my lecture notes to Paul Samuelson's course
at MIT in 1965 that he stated "as long as there is a curve or hillock
in any railroad line or highway in the world there will exist an
investment project with a finite rate of return."  I have tried to
determine if he ever said something like this in print.  Any comments
or citations would be appreciated.

Richard Sutch
Distinguished Professor of Economics, Emeritus
University of California, Berkeley and Riverside

Visiting Scholar
University of California, Berkeley

Research Associate
National Bureau of Economic Research