AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Iona McCraith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Iona McCraith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:06:54 -0400
If people are still seeking the location of archives holdings from Ontario
Hydro here are two possible sources.  The records from Ontario Hydro were
split up at some point after Ontario Hydro was no more a corporation.  Some
records are now with Ontario Power Generation at their facility on Kipling
in Toronto.  But access for non-OPG people is not automatic.  You have to
file an FOI request and may or may not be granted permission to see records
depending what you want.  The person to contact at OPG Head Office in
Toronto is Rosemary Watson, Manager, Corporate Records and FOI, at

Other old Ontario Hydro records now reside with Hydro One.  I am in the
process of trying to nail down a name and contact information for the person
to talk to about records they may have.  I have a lead and will post more
details when I get them.

Iona McCraith
Preservation Consultant
Archives Association of Ontario
Tel: (705) 277-1309     Fax: (705) 277-2091
Email: [log in to unmask]
www..aao-archivists.ca

Iona McCraith
Preservation Consultant