AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Elizabeth Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:57:53 -0400
As part of a student study initiative at the Faculty of Library and Information
Sciences at the University of Western Ontario, I am researching educational
archival outreach initiatives and programs in Canada.  This study initiative is
a portion of the graduate degree program, and is under the supervision of a
faculty member and working Archivist, Dr. Don Spanner.

The profession at this time is full of challenges and opportunities for archival
outreach programming.  Moreover, working archivists are dynamically making
primary sources available for educational purposes throughout their
communities.  Archivists have enriched their profession by readily adopting the
educational facets of their work.  This study seeks to recognize these valuable
achievements and better understand the impact of archivists as they educate the
younger generation.

I will be emailing an invitation with linked access to an online study.  I hope
you are motivated to support this study by participating.

In the meantime, if you have interest in the study, I would like to hear from
you.

Kind Regards,
Elizabeth Simmons
Graduate Student