AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Iona McCraith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Iona McCraith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 11:22:12 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter W. Shewchenko" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>; <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 9:58 AM
Subject: ARMA Toronto - October 2003 Education Program

> ARMA TORONTO CHAPTER
> OCTOBER 2003 EDUCATION PROGRAM
>
> ** BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND **
> SEPTEMBER 11, DISASTER RECOVERY & RECORDS MANAGEMENT
> SPEAKER: DAVID RINTOUL

> This presentation provides a real life case study based on the actual
experiences of an organization whose facilities and record holdings were
completely destroyed in the World Trade Center attacks on September 11,
2001.  Learn about the experience of the attack itself, the evacuation
process and recovery efforts for both paper and electronic records.  Find
out which disaster recover strategies succeeded and what challenges the
organization faced.  Based on this organization's experience, learn the
strategies and techniques your organization would need to implement in order
to recover from a similar disaster.  As world events unfold, disaster
recovery planning has become a major priority in most organizations.  Learn
how you can contribute to these initiatives from a records management
perspective at your organization.

> This presentation is a repeat of the ARMA Toronto Chapter January 28, 2003
education program.

> SPEAKER:
> David Rintoul is the Manager, Document Management Solutions Training and
Development with TAB.  He is responsible for developing, deploying and
maintaining consulting methodology models and tools for use by TAB
consulting staff throughout North America.  He is also responsible for
training and developing TAB staff at various levels throughout North America
on document management solutions and technologies.  Previously, as Project
Manager, Eastern Canada, he was responsible for all of TAB's consulting
operations in the key Canadian markets of Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and the
Atlantic Provinces.

> Mr. Rintoul is a Certified Document Imaging Architect (CDIA), a Registered
CDIA Instructor, a Certified Records Manager (CRM) and holds a Bachelor of
Commerce degree from the University of Toronto.  He is a frequent speaker at
ARMA gatherings, most recently the ARMA Canadian Conferences in Vancouver,
Montreal and Edmonton and the ARMA International Conferences in Toronto,
Nashville, Denver, Cincinnati and Las Vegas.   He has also spoken for other
organizations, such as the Life Insurance Institute of Canada, and has been
a guest lecturer at the University of Toronto's Faculty of Information
Studies.  Articles by Mr. Rintoul have appeared in the Records and Retrieval
Report, Canadian Facility Management and Design and CA Magazine.

> DATE: Tuesday October 28, 2003
>
> LOCATION: Queen's Quay Executive Offices, Rainy Lake Room
> 20 Bay Street, 12th Floor, Toronto
> (Bay St. @ Queen's Quay)
>
> TIME: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
> Registration & continental breakfast @ 8:30 AM
>
> FEE: Members of ARMA Toronto Chapter: $60.00 GST included
> Non-Members: $70.00 GST included
> Students in full-time RM/related $50.00 GST included
> programs of study GST # R126080696
> Eligibility for Member rate is subject to confirmation by ARMA Toronto.
>
> REGISTRATION: Online: www.armatoronto.on.ca
> Phone or Email: Rose Holloway, Director of Administration
> (416) 941-8383, ext. 13961
>
> ** Registration is limited to 35 individuals **
>
> RSVP DATE: Friday October 24, 2003
>
> Registration for each education program is due by the specified RSVP Date.
We may not be able to accommodate unregistered walk-ins on the day of a
program.   If you will be unable to attend a program, please CANCEL your
registration by contacting Rose Holloway at (416) 941-8383, ext. 13961 or by
email at [log in to unmask] no later than the specified RSVP Date.
Registrants who do not cancel before the RSVP Date will be invoiced for the
cost of the program.  Unfortunately, ARMA Toronto cannot accommodate credit
card payments.  Please see your registration confirmation for payment
instructions.

> Please Note:  In keeping with ARMA International's policy which does not
permit corporate memberships, the ARMA Toronto Chapter cannot allow
membership substitutions or multiple registrations on a single membership
for our education programs.