Date:
Fri Mar 31 17:18:26 2006
From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
==================== HES POSTING ===================

I just saw an announcement for a new book which might be of relevance to
studies of Dupuit and Cournot. I wonder if anyone has looked at the book
and can tell me if it is worth further examination for a historian of
economics.

The book is _Constructing a bridge: an exploration of engineering culture,
design, and research in nineteenth century France and America_, by Eda
Kranakis (MIT Press, 1997).

>From the Choice card, the book seems to focus on the educational,
professional, and institutional structure of engineering culture in France
and America in the 1800s.

Ross B. Emmett
Manager, Electronic Information, History of Economics Society
Augustana University College
e-mail: [log in to unmask]