From:
Fadhel Kaboub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:27:31 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

The Department of Economics at Denison
University  invites applications for a tenure
track position at the assistant professor level
beginning in Fall 2010.  Applicants must have
superior teaching skills and the ability to teach
a variety of courses.  The department is
especially interested in finding someone to teach
Economic History, Introductory and Intermediate
Microeconomics and other applied courses on a
rotating basis with other members of the
department.  We are looking for a versatile
colleague – one who appreciates the
interdisciplinary nature of a small residential,
undergraduate, liberal arts institution.  Denison
values faculty who are successful and effective
teachers, who develop active and productive
research programs, and who are involved in the
life of the college.  The Economics Department
has eleven faculty members and is one of the
largest majors on campus.  Denison has a 3/2
teaching load.  Denison University is an equal
opportunity-affirmative action employer.  Women
and minorities are encouraged to apply.  We will
begin reviewing applications on December 7, 2009,
and will continue to accept applications until
the position is filled.  We will interview
prospective candidates at the ASSA meetings in
Atlanta, January 3-5, 2010.  We expect candidates
to have their PhD in hand by August
2010.  Applicants should submit electronic
application materials on-line at
employment.denison.edu:  a letter of application,
vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, three
letters of recommendation, and other supportive documents.

Fadhel Kaboub