AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Kathryn Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathryn Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2013 12:56:36 -0400
Hi all,

Thought I'd send notice of a "breaking" story being picked up by an
increasing number of media outlets as the day progresses:

http://www.guelphmercury.com/news/local/article/908773--university-of-guelph-becomes-keeper-of-sleeman-family-artifacts

We're also launching a website to provide some highlights of the
collection. That website is available at
http://www.lib.uoguelph.ca/resources/archival_&_special_collections/the_collections/digital_collections/sleeman/.

The collection unveiling and website launch is timed to coincide with
Ontario's Archives Awareness Week, held the first full week of April.
This year, however, there seems to be some confusion just when this is.
ACA has it listed as April 8-14, and some archives are holding events
that week while others--ourselves included--are holding them a week
earlier given that April 1 is a Monday. Maybe the confusion is all just
a premature April Fool's joke... The unveiling of our collection is not!

Cheers,
Kathryn

--
Kathryn Harvey