From:
Doug Mackenzie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2011 07:56:54 -0800
Its not a matter of Hayek's comments being nuanced. Hayek was criticizing advocacy of external pressure on countries like South Africa- even when he sympathizes with the general aim. Since Hayek specifically stated that he sympathized with the general aim of those who wanted to act against South Africa, but only disagreed with their methods, I have concluded that Robert either did not understand what Hayek said, or was trying to smear Hayek.

I thank Alan for providing this link to the interview, but I see no ethical problem with disagreeing with means towards an agreed upon end.

Robert also stated that Mises supported Fascism. Is there evidence behind this smear, or is it just another misrepresentation?