From:
Sumitra Shah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2012 13:12:23 -0400
For what it is worth, I found this in the library resources. Obviously Robert Dimand would be the right source.

Best, Sumitra Shah

RW Dimand - History of Political Economy, 1995

Irving Fisher, J. M. Keynes, and the Transition to Modern Macroeconomics History of Political Economy (1995) 27(Supplement): 247-266; doi:10.1215/00182702-27-Supplement-247

Keynes’s Influence on Fisher

While Keynes carefully studied Fisher’s monetary economics, Fisher’s

references to Keynes reveal no comparable scrutiny. In The Money Zllusion,

Fisher cited Keynes as proposing a managed currency rather than

varying the gold weight of the currency (1928, 169), and he quoted a

New Republic article by Keynes on the objects of currency reform (223).

Keynes was not among the seventy-two people thanked by Fisher for

comments on a mimeographed draft of the book. Fisher’s After Reflation,

What? (1933a) opened with two quotations, each dated 3 July 1933,

in lieu of a dedication: President Roosevelt’s radiogram to the London

Economic Conference that “the United States of America seeks the kind

of dollar which a generation hence will have the same purchasing power

and debt-paying power as the dollar we hope to attain in the near future”

and Keynes’s comment that “Mr. Roosevelt . . . is magnificently right.”

________________________________
From: Societies for the History of Economics [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Radhika Desai Subject: [SHOE] Mr Roosevelt is Magnificently Right!

I think I am right in thinking that Keynes said “Mr Roosevelt is Magnificently Right!” around the time Roosevelt refused to attend the 1933 London Economic Conference. But I cannot find the reference. Could someone please help?
Best
Radika

Radhika Desai
Professor