From:
Gilles CAMPAGNOLO <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gilles CAMPAGNOLO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:12:01 +0200
Dear all,

About Emil Kauder: Not only a very good article: Emil Kauder, the emigrant from Austria to Illinois, and indefatigable researcher for the sake of utility theories, was the seminal author in the (re)discovery of Carl Menger's archives in Japan. See his other texts, relating the origins of the Austrian school and Menger's reading of Aristotle, based on his campaign of exploration of the archives at Hitotsubashi University (Japan) in 1959-1960. However, Kauder had not finished the job and a few Japanese scholars, as well as myself, have completed this task in our publications respectively.

The point is that, without that assessment of utility theory in Menger's archives the history of utility theory would remain incomplete. Kauder's work is to be praised for initiating that task.

Regards to the whole community and a nice summer,
Gilles Campagnolo
Full Research Professor, French National Center for Scientific Research
Senior Member, Aix-Marseilles School of Economics