From:
mason gaffney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2012 16:23:18 -0700
Postings from G.M. Ambrosi and Gabriel Martinez and James Ahiakpor
supporting Eugenio Pacelli give me an impression that they (one or all) MAY
believe that I am attacking him, and/or the RCC. If I were, this would not
be the venue for it. My aim, rather, is to integrate papal statements into
the dialogue on the history of economic doctrine, for they have been
influential. On this, on think all four of us agree, and I am gratified that
they have chimed in.

My own attitude toward the RCC positions, to the extent it is relevant here,
is quite shifting, as the RCC shifts.  I have published an article on five
"Great Awakenings" in American reform.  The last two (1933-53 and 1961-69)
had strong RCC leadership and participation. My article is in
"Counterpunch", p.1, Dec. 20 2010. I regret I have no URL set up, but will
send copy on request, and of course welcome comments.

There is also an article in press, "Going my Way? Wending through the
stumbling blocks between Georgism and Catholicism."
Again, I can send galleys on request.

Mason Gaffney