From:
Anthony Waterman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2012 10:19:20 -0500
I think Tye is quite wrong about 18th C. England. He should look at
Peter Mathias's history of the brewing industry. More generally -- and
more interestingly -- I wonder what he, Lipsey and other SHOE
participants think of Acemoglu and Robinson (2012)? They claim to have
generalised this entire debate, and to have replaced or subsumed all
previous explanations of why some nations 'succeed' and others 'fail'.

Anthony Waterman