SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Ingrid Waldron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2012 16:02:05 -0300
Hello Everyone,

You can find the link for North End Matters: Online Talk Show at:

http://live.haligonia.ca/halifax-ns/north-end-matters.html

In an effort to make the online show more participatory and reflective
of the specific issues facing North End communities, I am contacting
you for show ideas and suggestions for guests.

We have quite a few interesting guests lined up, but we are looking to
you to suggest show ideas and guests for upcoming shows. The talk show
focuses on policies and decisions around the issues brought up in the
research report and Can We Talk event. Consequently, we are looking
for guests who are decision makers, as well as other individuals.

We have designed the show around the following main categories/themes
and each of these categories/themes will be addressed in each one of
the shows:

1)	Business & Financial Issues
2)      Health and Mental Health
3)	Employment
4)	Housing and Tenants Issues
5)	Education, Schooling & Training
6)	Criminal Justice
7)	Transportation
8)	Parenting & Childcare
9)	Seniors
10)	Youth
11)	Community Initiatives and Programs

Do you have suggestions for specific show topics and guests that fit
those themes?

If you do, please contact Aaron Johnson or Sarah Wakely at:
[log in to unmask] or 429-3647.

Thanks,

Ingrid Waldron, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor