From:
Yukihiro Ikeda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 16:52:41 +0900
Dear all,

If Walras did not use the French equivalent of the word "auctioneers"
in his Elements,-- please check whether this is right --
does it mean that Jaffe contributed a great deal to popularize the
concept?

To be sure, "criers" do not seem so attractive
for those engaged in the pedagogic
explanation of Walrasian economics.

Cheers,

Yukihiro Ikeda

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:42:45 +0000
Erreygers Guido <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The term "crieurs" occurs both in section 41 and in section 61 of Walras's Elements d'Economie Politique Pure. In Jaffe's version this is translated first as "criers" (41) and then as "auctioneers" (61).
>

> Guido Erreygers, University of Antwerp

Yukihiro Ikeda
Department of Economics
Keio University