From:
Twain Center <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2012 11:21:22 -0500
Mark your calendar for The Seventh International Conference on the
State of Mark Twain Studies to be held at Elmira College on August
1-3, 2013.  Join with us as we commemorate the Sesquicentennial of the
Pen name -  "Yours, dreamily, MARK TWAIN."

Developed abstracts (700 words) will be due Monday, February 4th,
2013. Final papers must be suitable for a 20-minute presentation.
Please send your attached abstract, via electronic submission, to
[log in to unmask]  Provide your name, mailing address, and email
address.  Developed abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by selected
panel chairs.

Call for Papers

We invite papers related to any aspect of Mark Twain’s legacy. We have
a special interest in papers on the following topics:

Mark Twain and Crime
Mark Twain and Ecocriticism
Mark Twain and Family
Mark Twain and Folktale and/or Folklore
Mark Twain and Humor
Mark Twain and Law
Mark Twain and Manners
Mark Twain and Masculinity
Mark Twain and Music
Mark Twain and Native Americans
Mark Twain and Peace, War, and/or Anti-Imperialism
Mark Twain and Performance
Mark Twain and Plagiarism
Mark Twain and Poverty
Mark Twain and Race
Mark Twain and Reform
Mark Twain and Religion
Mark Twain and Science
Mark Twain and Science Fiction and/or the Occult
Mark Twain and Whiteness
Mark Twain and Women
Mark Twain and the Chinese
Mark Twain and the Politics of Scholarship
Mark Twain and the World of Periodicals
Mark Twain and Other 19th- and 20th-Century Writers
Mark Twain and the Sandwich Islands
Mark Twain in the American West
The Bohemian Mark Twain
The Mark Twain Persona
The New South Edition of Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn
The Transgressive Mark Twain
The Transnational Mark Twain
Mark Twain’s Brand of Realism
Mark Twain’s Encounters with the Metaphysical
Mark Twain’s Style: A Paragraph, a Sentence, a Word (inviting close reading)
Mark Twain’s Uses and Abuses of History
Mark Twain: Deep Cuts (exploring lesser-known and underappreciated works)
Marketing Mark Twain
Translating Mark Twain
Mark Twain as Journalist
Mark Twain as Satirist
Signed “Mark Twain”: The Autobiography of Sam Clemens