From:
Aiko Ikeo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:27:14 -0500
Many thanks for John and Roger's response to my posting, which mysteriously
did not reach my mail server or any of my computers.

I managed to reach the anonymous report "THE 250th ANNIVERSARY OF THE
FOUNDATION OF THE ACADEMY OF SCIENCES OF THE USSR" which appeared in the
"Bulletin of Experimental Biology and Medicine" (June 1974) provided by the
"Springer Link Historical Archives Biomedical and Life Sciences"
through online library access from Duke University, where I am visiting.
The library does not provide access to the bulletin via JSTOR.

Fukuda was given a chance to deliver a lecture on the current economic
situation from his point of view at the Higher Conference on People's Economy
(my translation from the Japanese expression, it should be located in Moscow)
a couple of days after Keynes's lecture, because Fukuda  criticized
Keynes.  Yet Keynes did not show up and therefore Fukuda made a speech in
German under the title of 'The problem of productivity' instead of
in English as he prepared.

Now I assume that some participants (including economists) in the memorial
conference traveled from Leningrad to Moscow. I will look up the materials
in Japanese after I come back to Tokyo in July 2009.

Aiko Ikeo