From:
Robert E Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2012 12:43:25 -0400
If you Google "Mark Twain Prize for American Humor" you can read about the
award. Significantly, the full title is " Kennedy Center Mark Twain Prize
for American Humor. Kennedy Center defines it as recognizing  "artists who
have made a significant contribution to the world of American  comedy".
They really don't care what we might think. In the manner of many such
awards -- The Nevada Writers' Hall of Fame comes immediately to my mind as a
Nevadan -- it is politics that matter. Perhaps including "who would draw the
most paying members to the event?" Not Republican-Democrat  politics,
Kennedy Center Politics.
Bob Stewart

In a message dated 11/1/2012 9:29:43 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,