From:
Sumitra Shah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2012 20:19:08 -0400
https://www.box.com/shared/qrqj0hc53pn5xstgc1op

This link is to a short article, Kautilya Arthashastra: A Neglected Precursor to Classical Economics. The file can be downloaded from the page.

It is not about risk. Here is part of the summary and conclusions:
"Writing more than two thousand years before Hume, Smith, Ricardo and J. S. Mill, Kautilya anticipated their thoughts on the importance of conducting trade in accordance with the principle of comparative advantage, that imports are as important as exports in promoting economic development and growth, and reciprocal demand will determine the value of commodities in bilateral and multilateral trade."

You will find some references that may be useful. But I have to admit that I am not familiar with this work.

Sumitra Shah