From:
J Kevin Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2014 16:50:59 +0000
Rob: I followed the link and discover nothing pertaining to the honesty of either Wittgenstein or Keynes. Instead we have Russell putting the screws to Gilbert Ryle, rightly so, it would appear, for refusing, in his capacity as editor of Mind, to review Gellner's attack on ordinary language  philosophy, Words and Things.

You surely know that Wittgenstein was originally Russell's protégé.  I am not aware that there is any issue at all about Wittgenstein's honesty, first;  so why, second, should the fact that Keynes helped him raise any presumption of dishonesty with respect to Keynes himself?

How does the fact, as it appears to be, that soi-disant followers of  the later Wittgenstein , such as Ryle,  were cult-like and averse to criticism bear on the honesty of either Wittgenstein or Keynes?

Kevin Quinn