From:
James Forder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:20:05 +0000
My view is that the literature has a very poor grasp of the concepts of
'credibility' and 'time-inconsistency', and in particular of what policy
implications (for the rules v discretion debate and otherwise) those
sorts of arguments might have. Hence:

Forder, J. (2001) "The theory of credibility and the reputation bias of
policy." Review of Political Economy 13(1): 5-25.

Forder, J. (1998) "Central bank independence - conceptual clarifications
and interim assessment." Oxford Economic Papers 50: 307-334.

Forder, J. (2000) "Credibility and Central Bank Independence: Is there a
shred of evidence?" International Finance 3(1): 167-185

Forder, J. (2004) ""Credibility" in context: Do central bankers and
economists interpret the term differently?" Econ Journal Watch 1(3): 413-426

Forder, J. (2004) The theory of credibility: confusions, limitations,
and dangers, in Neo-liberal economic policy. ed P. Arestis and M. C.
Sawyer. London, Elgar

James Forder
Fellow and Tutor in Political Economy
Vice Master (Executive)