SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:35:12 -0400
Mad Pride Toronto 2013: A Celebration of Madness from July 8-14

Mad Pride is an arts, culture, and heritage festival created by
psychiatric survivors, consumers, mad people, and folks the world has
labeled “mentally ill”.

Mad Pride is about:
• remembering and participating in mad history
• challenging discrimination
• advocating for rights
• affirming mad identities
• developing and empowering mad communities
• having fun!

Our lives and contributions are valuable and need celebration!

Join us in celebrating our 20th anniversary! All events are FREE and
include: an art exhibition, music, theatre, poetry, comedy,
educational talks/workshops, food, a barbeque, a historical wall tour,
a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, a Mad Market, and The Great Escape Bed Push
Parade.

For full details and locations, visit www.madprideto.com.
Find us on Facebook: Mad Pride Toronto
Follow us on Twitter: @MadPrideTO

Please consider sharing our poster, brochure, and the schedule of
events (available on our website at www.madprideto.com ) with
colleagues, clients, students, staff, family, friends, peers, and
other people. Print off posters and hang them up. Leave brochures and
the event schedule in waiting rooms, offices, hospitals, libraries,
schools, food banks, shelters, drop-ins, etc. List Mad Pride Toronto
2013 information in community bulletins/newsletters and send it to any
mailing lists you subscribe to (use this blurb!). Join the Facebook
event and invite your friends:
www.facebook.com/events/670871486262700. Make an announcement at the
beginning of related events.