From:
John Lodewijks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2013 04:11:56 +0000
Yes, Tony, of course I am happy to help.

In terms of specific actions over the last 24 hours:

1. We are approaching all 7 branches of the Economic Society of Australia, and the Central Council, to see if we can get their support and for them to individually write to the ABDC. A number of HETSA members hold, or have held, management positions in these organizations.

2. The HOPE editors are putting together a collective response.

3. HETSA will, of course, put in a response.

3.  A number of overseas sympathizers are sending emails (after the SHOE posting) and we can incorporate that material in our individual responses.

4.  Senior economics staff at UTS will be meeting with the Dean to see why this downgrade recommendation was sent out from UTS without consultation with staff.

5. Next week there will appear a very supportive article on the issue in Business Spectator (http://www.businessspectator.com.au/) which is just the sort of magazine that the ABDC might pay attention to.

John

John Lodewijks