From:
Rick Talbot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 20:59:33 -0500
Peter, Larry, et al,

I'll have you Men and Women of Letters know that while you were all wasting
your time earning doctorates, I was doing extensive research into
pharmacopoeia. My work went on throughout the late 60s and well into the
70s. My honorary degree, honoris causa, was awarded by several reputable
drug rehabilitation institutions for my experiments covering a wide variety
of controlled substances, and as such, I stand in a field of merit without
exception. Twain may well have "experimented" with hasheesh, but we'll never
know for sure. We'll leave that to Andrew Hoffman.

Remember, do it once it's experimenting. Do it more often it's no longer
experimenting. It's semi-professional.

Richard Talbot
"Independent" Mark Twain Scholar