From:
"Duggan, Marie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2013 10:25:18 -0500
Robin Neill wrote, "As I read the journals, and much else, without math what
currently passes for economic thought could not be written, let
alone read."

Indeed, sometimes I wonder if anyone will read in 20 years the things that are being published in economics journals today. The data analysis of 50,000 observations to prove a small theoretical point.  People seem actually to think that the econometrics is theory, and it is just data analysis.  I wonder how many people read them even now.
Marie Christine Duggan