From:
Thomas Humphrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:57:30 -0500
James writes that "All those talking about a pure credit system
without a measure of value . . . . won't explain how we can derive P
(price level) from H/ky or HV/y when H = quantity of money, the
measure of value, is absent."

Answer: Simply define the equation's H term not as quantity of hard
cash money but as quantity of BANK DEMAND DEPOSIT MONEY.  In other
words bank deposit money and only bank deposit money serves as the
measure of value in the pure credit economy. Then P emerges as the
aggregate of prices p of individual goods all expressed as the
quantity of bank deposit money given up in exchange for a unit of each
good.