From:
Robert Leeson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2013 23:12:39 -0800
"In his response to my previous urging, he responded cavalierly to my question, who buys something just because its price has increase? with "conspicuous consumption, Veblen goods."  This in the context of wage rates?  Is labor a conspicuous consumption good?"

In some academic and think tank labour markets, isn't a Hayekian designer label a Veblen, or positional good?

RL