From:
Robert Leeson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2014 20:38:10 -0700
Bretton Woods *was* a system of demand management - to defend fixed exchange rates (failure led to devaluation).

Friedman argued that flexible exchange rates would allow each country to use demand management to pick its own policy-determined point on its Phillips curve.

RL

Leeson, R. 2003. *Ideology and the International Economy: The Decline and Fall of Bretton Woods* Palgrave Macmillan.