From:
"Boumans, M.J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2014 12:50:36 +0000
Dear Marie Christine Duggan,

In my view it has to do with the changing practice of economic modeling across the 20th century. I expect you will find excellent answers to your questions in a book that is already mentioned in this exchange: Mary Morgan's The World in the Model (CUP). Not only in the chapter on the Newlyn-Phillips machine, but also in the first introductory chapter you will find a lot of historical and methodological details about the use of circular flow diagrams in economics.

Best wishes,

Marcel Boumans