Sender:
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2013 02:47:49 -0800
From:
Robert Leeson <[log in to unmask]>
Allan Meltzer's _A History of the Federal Reserve, Volume 2, Book 1; Books 1951-1969_.

Milton Friedman discussed Penn Central and Franklin National:

http://hoohila.stanford.edu/friedman/ecs.php

Soon all Friedman's op-ed pieces (and almost everything else he wrote) will be searchable on the Hoover website.

I also recall a handwritten letter from Friedman to Burns on these topics (in the Burns archives but not in the Friedman archives).

RL