From:
Roger Backhouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:36:18 -0500
I think this is almost certainly the right answer. Economists today
have an extraordinary truncated view of what is relevant in the
history of their discipline and many of us could give other examples.
It does not make it better but economists are not alone in this. I
think it implies nothing, one way or the other, about whether people
understand ideas that we might attribute to Knight. However, if that
is to change that,economists have to be convinced that knowing about
the past would help them publish in the top journals, which is a
difficult task.

Roger Backhouse