Sender:
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2014 02:35:49 -0700
From:
Robert Leeson <[log in to unmask]>
Oligopolistic producer sovereignty is a long-standing problem in the knowledge industry.

Gans, J. S., and G. B. Shepherd. 1994. How Are the Mighty Fallen: Rejected Classic Articles by Leading Economists.  Journal of Economic Perspectives, 8(1): 165-179.

Goodwin, C., and R. Leeson, W. Samuels, and V. Tarascio. 1998. Minisymposium on Editing and Refereeing. History of Economics Review 27, Winter: 2.

The Economic Journal was setup to avoid Austro-German-style controversy: Marshall hoped for "an absolutely catholic basis and including every school of economists that is doing genuine work. I trust that those who shall control this journal will insist that all who write in criticism of others shall take the writings of those others in the best possible sense; and in that way all schools may work in amicable together interpreting each other in the fairest and most generous manner” (British Economic Society 1891, 5).