From:
Robert Leeson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2014 06:40:02 -0700
Not just the Phelps/Friedman lens - the Samuelson/Solow lens also.

The sequence - 1950 Phillips Machine (Economica), 1953/1954 theoretical Phillips curve (PhD; Economic Journal), 1958 empirical illustration (Economica) - makes chronological sense.

Because Samuelson/Solow say the story began at the end of this sequence (1958), the preceding theory dropped-out of the equation.

What does this reveal about authority structures in some scientific communities?

Leeson, R. 1998. The Origins of the Keynesian Discomfiture. Journal of Post Keynesian Economics Summer, 20.4: 597-619.