From:
Robert Leeson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2014 05:53:00 -0700
Clarification please.

The journal of the American Economic Association published a highly policy-influential - hand-drawn - downward-sloping curve, although the data suggests an upward-sloping relationship.

The HER referee admits that Samuelson and Solow "made a mistake" and, therefore, ... the issue must not be raised in print?

In this instance (as in many others) the costs of referee anonymity outweighs the benefits: shouldn't the referee explain this logic?