From:
Luca Fiorito <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 20:53:48 +0200
David: to my knowledge there was no direct involvement on the part of
JM Clark in the establishment of the Clark medal. This may be useful:

Inauguration of the Francis A. Walker and John Bates Clark Awards
The American Economic Review, Vol. 38, No. 2, Papers and Proceedings
of the Sixtieth Annual Meeting of the American Economic Association
(May, 1948)