From:
Robert Leeson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2014 04:19:16 -0700
"I saw no thieves removing anything. But of course Leeson has not been here."

Do tantrums prevent E. Roy recalling two Leeson Duke seminars relating to the Duke archives?

The 'borrowing' obviously refers to material removed before the Hayek archives arrived at Hoover - why extrapolate to the Klein archives?

I have no first-hand information about Max Hartwell but Cubitt reports that Hayek’s impending death opened a “Pandora’s Box of greed and hypocrisy, the betrayal of Hayek by persons he had been fond of and whom he trusted, even by his peers.” With the exception of Herbert Furth all sought to “press their claims and further their own ends ... During [Hartwell’s] first visit he had taken away some Mont Pelerin papers, promising to return them, but had never done so ... Naturally I did not trust him to remove further papers, and did my best to watch over whatever he did ... He continued to make fairly outrageous remarks throughout his stay, such as that Hayek had given factually wrong information ... Embarrassingly he discovered a Mont Pelerin folder that had somehow evaded being sent to the Hoover Institution ... Hartwell asked whether he could take it with him to his hotel, and since he had also enquired about whether he could have a spare key to the office ... I decided to ask Hayek first. ‘Noooo,’ Hayek replied” (2006, 321, 329, 334-5, 356, 358, 372, 237, 207, 236, 150-151).

Bruce reports: "I have heard of no black market for Hayek's things, thriving or otherwise" - and then describes this black market: "Hayek's notes on a meeting with Herbert Hoover and a set of lecture notes are 2 things that were reported for sale a number of years ago."

Reported - or offered to Bruce for purchase?

Bruce knows the location of the 'Austrian-borrowed' material - why has he made no effort to have it returned?

Will Bruce justify the role Austrians played in blocking Klein's promotion?

When Bruce says: "I just don't know what to think" - shouldn't he inform the SHOE list about his response to a question posed to him two summers ago: "Do you agree that Hayek was an academic fraud?"