From:
Aiko Ikeo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2014 00:01:22 +0900
We are pleased to announce that our annual meeting will be held at
Fukushima University (Fukudai) on June 7-8, 2014.
http://english.adb.fukushima-u.ac.jp/
Access (in Japanese):
http://www.fukushima-u.ac.jp/new/18-koutu/index.html

(Please find the English version of the program with the use of
macrons in the attached file.)

The Society for the History of Japanese Economic Thought (SHJET)
Annual Meeting

Program:
June 7, Saturday
13:00
Opening Remarks by NAKAMURA Muneyoshi (President of SHJET), Daito
Bunka University

Greetings by KIKUCHI Sozo, Fukushima University

13:10  Panel Session: OTSUKA Hisao and Japanese Economic Thought

KIKUCHI Sozo, Fukushima University
‘Introduction to the Hisao Otsuka Collection at Fukushima University’

TSUNEKI Kentaro, Senshu University
‘OTSUKA Hisao and Max Weber’s ”Betrieb”’

SAITO Eiri, Musashino University
‘OTSUKA Hisao’s ”Comparative Economic History”:
Japan Seen through the Comparison of England and the Netherlands’

MICHISHIGE Ichiro, Toyo University
‘The Image and Reality of OTSUKA Hisao’s National Economy’

17:15-18:00  Annual Assembly
18:20-  Reception, Fukushima University Coop Restaurant ”Green”

June 8, Sunday
Individual Papers:

9:45-10:45  UETANI Shigeyuki, Kawakami Hajime Society (Kyoto)
‘KAWAKAMI Hajime’s Understanding of Historical Materialism in the
early 1920s’
Chair: MITA Takeshi, Meiji University

10:55-11:55  MINAMIMORI Shigeta, PhD Cand., Kwansei Gakuin University
‘The Maintenance of the Sanda Okan Road (Arimakaido) in Meiji 7
(1874): Local Leadership and the Role of Hyogo Prefecture’
Chair: KENJO Teiji, Chiba University

12:50-13:50  NAKAKITAURA Junki, PhD.Cand., Doshisha University
‘The Economic Thought of SEKI Hajime and KOBAYASHI Ichizo on
Railroads: From the Point of View of Public Works and Public
Utilities’
Chair: KAMIKUBO Satoshi, Osaka Institute of Technology

14:00-15:00  MURAKAMI Mayuko, PhD.Cand., Tohoku University
‘The Historical Significance of Coins in Ancient Japan’
Chair: KOMURO Masamichi, Keio University

15:10-16:10 KOJIMA Sho  (Yoshino Sakuzo Memorial Museum)
‘HIRATSUKA Raicho’s Activities in Consumer Cooperatives’
Chair: FUJII Takashi, Teikyo University

16:15  Closing Remarks

For the Program in Japanese, go to
http://shjet.ec-site.jp/2014taikai.pdf
(The presentations are given in Japanese)
The Japanese announcement was released by the SHJET Secretariat.
We welcome anyone who is interested in the history of Japanese
economic thought. Please contact me if you have questions about
attending a meeting or presenting a paper (preferably in Japanese).
Aiko IKEO (on the board of directors)