From:
Scot Stradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2014 21:02:23 +0000
Science has advanced very far on the back of mathematics.  I do not think mathematics obscures, but throws light on the subject.  Surely it has
problems because it does require simplification, which abstracts from reality.  Even Keynes had little effect until Samuelson put Keynes in an
equation.  Mathematics is not used because it obscures.  That is a matter of opinion, but obscuring is not the goal of science.  Marx would have
been ignored had he not used the value equation in Volume 3.

Scot A. Stradley, Ph.D.
Professor of Finance
Offutt School of Business
Concordia College