From:
Roger Sandilands <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:20:43 +0000
This reminds me that Galbraith's close friend Lauchlin Currie told me that Harvard only appointed Alvin Hansen to the Littauer chair in 1937 because of his apparently very orthodox credentials. They were discombobulated when from his secure position he then revealed his heretical tendencies (teaming up with Currie to make a joint presentation before the TNEC to explain the fiscal causes of the 1937 recession).

Roger Sandilands