From:
Paola Tubaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2015 22:57:56 +0200
Dear All

For those of you who happen to be in London: I am pleased to invite you to the
next session of our departmental research seminar, which will be on a history
of economics topic.

We will welcome Prof Michel De Vroey from the University of Louvain, who will
discuss some parts of his forthcoming book  on " A History of Macroeconomics
from Keynes to Lucas and Beyond". His abstract is below.

The seminar will take place on Wednesday 6 May, 4pm, University of Greenwich
Campus, Queen Mary Building, room QM368 (directions:
http://www2.gre.ac.uk/about/travel/greenwich).

Looking forward to meeting you there

Paola

The Lucasian Revolution. An Assessment

Michel De Vroey, University of Louvain

This seminar will be based on the three chapters I have devoted to Lucas in my
forthcoming book, A History of Macroeconomics from Keynes to Lucas and Beyond.
In the first of these I expose Lucas's theoretical journey from applied
macroeconomists to fierce opponent of the Keynesian theory. In the second,
contrasting the Lucasian revolution with the the Keynesian, I characterize it
in a threefold way: (a) a change in the research agenda, (b) a change in the
conception of the relation between theory and model and (c) a change in the
concept of equilibrium upon which the analysis is based. Underpinning these
changes one finds Lucas's decision to make macroeconomics neo-Walrasian,
thereby breaching from the Keynesian macroeconomics approach which was based on
Marshallian methodology. The third chapter is my assessment of Lucas's
contribution. An advance reading of these three chapters surely will enhance
our discussion.

--
Paola Tubaro
Reader in Economic Sociology