From:
Mason Gaffney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2014 07:24:34 -0800
Nicola suggests seeking another catchphrase similar to "mathematics is
language".  One coming to mind is "Corporations are people, my friend".
However, if "the Samuelsonian disease" is more insidious than Romney's it is
because there is enough truth in it to make it more plausible and seductive.

A good book on the mindset is Rene' DuBos, The Dreams of Reason.  As I
recall his target was DesCartes, which has not cured economists of overusing
Cartesian Coordinates.

Mason Gaffney