From:
Tiago Mata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2017 19:11:02 +0100
Dear colleagues,

In 2018 URPE will celebrate 50 years from its founding. To mark the
occasion, I am editing a collection of papers for the journal Research
in the History of Economic Thought and Methodology on the history of
the Union and its place in the history of radical social science in
America.

My plans for the collection is to address URPE's uniqueness as an
activist organization in the early 1970s, and to reflect on the
relationship between experts (economists) and laypersons in the past
50 years. I see this as a contribution to historicize approaches to
public engagement, public service, and populism in economics.

The collection is scheduled to appear in the first issue of 2019 and
papers must be submitted for refereeing by March 2018 at the latest.

If you are interested in the collection and would like to write a
contribution please contact me off list at [log in to unmask]

With my best,
Tiago Mata