From:
Darlene Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2014 14:39:31 -0500
Hi Steve.
It's so kind of you to do this work to support health promotion---I know this can be a thankless job.

There is a big gap in what we know and how we work with young children and parents to support resilience. We know so much about what we could do---there is so much research. Yet our support systems for parents and for children are sadly lacking and behind.

I am one of the co-founders of Reaching IN...Reaching OUT (RIRO)  (www.reachinginreachingout.com ) an evidence-based program that helps build "resiliency" skills and well-being in service providers and parents so they can model or introduce these skills to children from birth to 8 years.
If I can be of any assistance in helping to spread the word in this area, please let me know.
Happy New Year,

Darlene

PS: I was a York faculty until 2000--I left to start RIRO

Darlene Kordich Hall, PhD
Coordinator, Knowledge mobilization and evaluation
Reaching IN...Reaching OUT
...supporting resilience in adults and young children since 2002
416-972-9894
www.reachinginreachingout.com
www.reachinginreachingout.com/parents