From:
Patricia Paton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2008 20:42:33 -0600
Also, do not limit yourself to Facebook.

Like Paula, I am not sure about evidence, but certainly there is greater use of Web 2.0 for networking.  As an example, a few months ago we did a search on YouTube for immunizations (on the prompting of an off the cuff remark somewhere) and hundreds of hits.  I will confess we didn't look at more than a few, but they are out there and with video many of them record the viewings - so you do have some measures available.

Sadly, far far more were anti-vaccination than pro-v.  Several colleagues have since gone hunting for ideas on sexual health, healthy pregnancy (that I recall for sure).  Not sure what they've found.  These media are heavily used, they are increasingly popular (witness the Facebook growth in Canada alone) and we ignore them at our peril.

Trish Paton
Community Development Coordinator
Palliser Health Region