From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2017 09:08:51 -0500
I can't resist adding to Martin's comment. It's one of about 120 photos
taken during the first leg of Twain's "round-the-world" tour, part of the
large James Pond--Mark Twain archive that I've built (reconstructed) over
the years. The copyright to those photos is jointly owned by me and Elmira
College, and permission to use any of them should be directed to Nathaniel
Ball at Elmira College. He then runs it past me, and I want to make clear
that we are pretty free and easy about allowing their use, and no fees are
charged. But please ask permission! In the meantime, I encourage anyone to
take a look at the 1992 Elmira College publication, OVERLAND WITH MARK
TWAIN, (I see used copies for sale online at bookfinder.com for $45 to $60)
where all but one or two of the photos are reproduced. Fun stuff.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive